Getting a card, renewing materials, placing holds, etc.

Who can get a card:
Residents of Carterville, Cambria, Crainville and the unincorporated area in the Carterville Community Unit School District No. 5 are eligible to register for a library card at no additional cost at the Anne West Lindsey District Library.


Non-residence fees:
The non-residence fee is $80.00 per year. 


How to Get Your Card:
To register for a library card at the Anne West Lindsey District Library, please bring proof of residency such as a bill and your driver’s license or picture I.D. to the library.  You will be asked to fill out a registration card so that your information can be added to the data base. The best way to determine if you live within the boundaries of the district library is to look at your tax bill to see if you pay property taxes to the Anne West Lindsey District Library.  If you live outside the library’s service area, there is a fee of $80.00 per year for a library card.


Borrowing Limits:
The library user cannot check out materials if there are overdue charges on their library card. 


Placing Holds:
The librarian can place a hold on a specific item for the library user or a hold can be placed on your home computer or at the library terminal by using the library’s web site at


Renewing Your Borrowed Items:
The circulation period for materials is generally two weeks.  Materials can be renewed by telephone or by coming to the library.  


Library Fines:
There is a charge of $.05 per day per item if the materials are late and DVD movies are charged $.50 per day.